Monday, April 2, 2012

Birthday gifts


I haven't made a beauty post in a while, but since I received some gorgeous products for my birthday, I thought this would be as good a time as ever to pick it up again. These were gifts from two of my good friends, including Kimberley at Hopeful Aspirations.

Dior Shimmer Powder in Amber Diamond
This is one of my all-time favourite products. You can read what I love so much about it here. My only complaint is that it crumbled long before it had actually run out, without being dropped (at least, not that I can remember). Fingers crossed that doesn't happen again!

Chanel Blush de Horizons
I fell in love with this at my local Chanel counter. Isn't it just so pretty? This provides a beautiful glow-from-within; a pretty soft pink with a touch of shimmer. It also comes with an adorable little brush, perfect for touching up.

Chanel Eyeshadow in Fauve
I have green eyes, and so purple eyeshadows are particularly flattering. I prefer to wear fairly neutral eyeshadow colours - it gets so hot in Perth that bright shadows tend to look awful by the end of the day/night - so this is the ideal compromise. It is soft to apply, wonderfully pigmented and blends like a dream. 

I have just made an order at my favourite online beauty store, Adore Beauty - including the new Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H foundation, an alternative to my beloved Teint Miracle - so I will share my haul on here as soon as it arrives. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment